Friday, May 16, 2008

Vancouver Blogs: Weekly Award Cycle

We’re now far enough into the Vancouver Voters’ Guide Blogging Contest that the rankings are more stable and I have a sense of how it’s all working. Next I’d like to propose a weekly cycle of ranking updates and cash awards.

Especially for those with busy weekday schedules, more blogging, reading and voting may happen on the weekend. So I’m thinking I’ll tally the votes and update the ranking once a week, on Monday afternoon or evening. (Tuesday after a Monday holiday.)

I’m willing to sponsor weekly awards totalling $300: 1st place $100, 2nd $80, 3rd $60, 4th $40, 5th $20. If a winner declines an award, their prize and those below shift to the next position down. I’ll accumulate each winner’s total and mail cheques on request.

Shall we start this Tuesday May 20? I welcome your comments, questions and advice!

No comments: