Thursday, January 15, 2009

$8000 for UBC VFM

I just learned that UBC AMS will give $8000 in cash awards in a Voter Funded Media contest concurrent with their election two weeks from now. Entry deadline January 27; entry fee $150; voting January 29 - February 4. Info will soon be posted on the AMS VFM page; or contact the VFM Administrator Mitch Wright by email to vfm[at]ams.ubc.ca or phone (604) 345-8489.

This annual contest is the successor to the two I sponsored in the January 2007 and January 2008 AMS elections, but this time it's funded by the AMS. I hadn't heard anything definite until today, so wasn't sure it was going to happen.

As I've been saying in this blog and on my website, I will continue to administer and sponsor the $200 a week UBC VoterMedia Awards for two more weekly vote tallies, January 22 and 29. No doubt we'll have several of the same media/blogs in both competitions. Today's results are now posted at http://votermedia.org/ubc.

Looking forward to some great election coverage!


No comments: